Student Loan Coordinator
|Location:||St. Petersburg, FL|
|Department/Discipline:||Admission and Financial Aid|
|Description:||Coordinates the origination and disbursement of federal and alternative student loans. |
|Duties:||• Responsible for ensuring institutional compliance of all federal loan programs (excluding the Federal Perkins Loan) and all alternative loan programs.|
• Responsible for the origination of federal loans through EDE software.
• Monitors the disbursements of federal and private loan funds.
• Initiates actions to resolve problems concerning the Federal Direct Loans and alternative loans.
• Counsels students and parents on loan programs, repayment provisions and deferment options.
• Produce reports in Banner as necessary to reconcile all loan problems or determine loan reallocations.
• Monthly coordinates the reconciliation of all federal direct loan disbursements and alternative loan disbursements.
• Updates the entrance interview requirements in Banner.
• Coordinates the exit interview information for students in Residential and PEL.
• Act as back up to the Assistant Director for the ISIR download process from the DOE.
• Develop and maintain procedures for loan processing.
• Counsel students and parents on all financial aid programs and application requirements.
• Assist with the review of aid applications and awarding of new and returning students.
• Participate in high school and college nights presentations.
• Assist the Director with all other responsibilities as requested.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications At least one year experience in financial aid or customer service. Must have experience with detailed oriented tasks. Knowledge of federal student loan processing preferred. Proficiency in Excel, Word and Access. Experience with Banner, Datatel or PeopleSoft preferred.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.